Sunday, June 1, 2014

An Apostle of the Lord came to Daejeon!

What an incredible, spirit-filled week. 

First of all, I want to share an email I got from my old companion, Sister King today. Her mom read it off of an Elder's email named Elder Allan. He is now serving in my old area.

Also we saw so many miracles this past week, SO many miracles. One that I would like the mention was after we met with a less active member and jumped on a bus to head to another appointment.  I started talking to the guy on the bus and told him where I was going, when he informed me that I was on the wrong bus!  We jumped off and then my companion said he needed to charge his bus card.  We walk into this store called a C for U and I start talking to the lady who was surprised how we could speak Korean and such.  She then pulls out a picture of Sister King (mom the sister from our stake!) and starts telling me how she used to meet with the missionaries.  We get talking and end up spending an hour and a half there, each bearing each others testimonies, and crying together.  Such a tender spirit filled the little store. She spoke of the hardships in her life and how far she had come. We looked over and the bible was laying on the counter, flipped open.  She had been reading it right before we came. We read the book of Mormon together and I testified how God had led us to her, told her about our bus incident and how she needed our message.

He's talking about my old investigator, 박양순 (pahk-yahng-soon) who I love like crazy! This is triuly God's work. He loves His daughter 박양순 and sent those missionaries to her again. I can't express how grateful I am. I can't stop crying! 

This week was a little bit hard to start. I just keep feeling so inadequate. I want so badly to do all that God needs me to do here and to help these people I have the privilege to teach. Our investigators are having a hard time and my companion and I have been trying to figure our how to really help them. We prayed and fasted for them and so that we could know how to help them through Elder Christofferson's visit to Korea. I can't describe how amazing it was.

Elder Christofferson, Elder Maines, Elder Whiting, and their wives came to Korea and the missionaries got to have a special meeting with them.

my investigator and I :) She's great!All the missionaries got to the church building at about 9 in the morning for the meeting to start at 9:30. We all sang hymns and primary songs together and the spirit was strong. I got the opportunity to sing in a choir for him, so I got to sit in the front row of the chapel. When he came into the room, I rfelt the spirit even more strongly. He spoke to us and then left time for us to ask him questions. I want to share a few highlights.

One missionary asked "how can I prepare to overcome trials in my life?"

He answered that it's only through faith in Jesus Christ that we can overcome. We don't have the personal abilities and neither do others to overcome alone. Only through Christ. Also, it's only through trials that we really learn really sincerely pray and to really sincerely rely on Christ and come to know Him. Always turn to CHrist. He shared Alma 62:41 about how through trials you can choose to be humbled or to be hardened. 

"How can I love all men, even my enemies?" 

"we come to love what we serve" We need to serve everyone! We need to gain the spiritual gift of charity. Moroni 7:47-48. We can develop the gift of charity only through Christ, now through our own power. 

"How can I comfort the people whose family died in the boat accident?"

Sometimes the only comfort we can give at the moment is to weep together. "mourn with those that mourn" Then can share the plan of salvation. 
He talked about how death is an important part of God's plan. "without physical death, we would be stranded in mortality." We wouldn't be able to return to Heavenly Father. 
Real peace comes through the Holy Ghost...

When He left, he gave his Apostalic Blessing on our mission. 

First he blessed us that we "will receive light and knowledge when we study the scriptures"

Then we would have convincing, persuasive power when we teach.

Then something really cool happened! He paused. Then said he could tell that some people in the room were wondering if God approves of them/their missionary work. Then he said, "your offering is worthy." "God is pleased with you. If He feels you're doing well, you can do anything." 
He blessed that we will be able to feel His approval of our work. He said Be happy! This is His work. The Lord is guiding us. 

I couldn't stop my tears. He read my heart. I will never forget that experience. There are apostles on the Earth today and I am so blessed to have been able to have that experience. I know that this church is true. I cannot deny it. You can come to know for yourself too by reading the Book of Mormon and praying about it. I love my Savior and I know He loves me. He gives me miracles everyday. I know He lives!

Love you all!

Sister Naatjes

No comments:

Post a Comment