Sunday, June 22, 2014

“what everyone in America does”

Hello! It was another great week full of miracles! 

Funny thing that happened yesterday:

Sister Park and I attended sunday school with the youth last Sunday and the teacher to start the class had everyone do “what everyone in America does” :)
She had everyone stand up, balance on one foot with their other knee in the air, put one hand on their knee and the other in the air over their head. She kept looking at me as if I knew exactly what she was talking about. It made my day haha

This week was another kind of difficult one for proselyting-- a lot of people have been getting upset at us recently for some reason, but God keeps giving us so many miracles!

Sun :)
One of our investigators, Sun, who belongs to SDA church met with us again this week. We watched the Restoration video together, talked about how Christ’s gospel has been restored and answered some of her questions. We talked for two hours about the gospel and she loved it! At the end she told us that our church was pure and true and that her church wasn’t...and then said she didn’t want to meet anymore...sometimes I don’t understand. She knew it was true, but didn’t want to accept it. If only she knew how it could bless her life and bring her peace!
We were confused, but as she walked away, we felt peace that she would find the church again. God loves her so much. So do I.

This week when we were having an especially hard day, God once again gave us a miracle. It was 8:15pm and we were going to stop by and visit our member before we went home for the night when we saw an old grandma pushing a really heavy cart full of newspaper and empty boxes down the road (a lot of grandmas here get paid to do recycling in Korea). We offered to help her and she gratefully accepted our help. I pushed while my companion and I talked to her. She was in her 70s! She invited us to come to her house. We sang a hymn for her and then listened as she tearfully expressed how lonely she is and how she is losing faith in God. We got to testify of God’s love for her and how God sent us to her! I was so grateful to have had that experience. God cares about every individual, especially His lonely and needy children. He loves that grandma so much and I felt it so strongly. 

We got two new investigators this week, a high school student and a man’s wife who is in our ward! We’re really excited to teach them--they’re great!

This week I really remembered again how blessed I am in so many aspects of my life. A scripture that really stood out to me is Mosiah 2:34 

“You are eternally indebted to your Heavenly Father, to render to Him all that you have and are.”

A REALLY big watermelon that we ate with a recent convert in our ward, 서향주 (so-hyeong-ju).I’m coming to know this more and more. Even when I feel like I’m “sacrificing” for the Lord, I learn, grow, and am blessed so much that I am even more indebted. When someone is mean to me on the street, I feel again how important my beliefs are to me and grow closer to God. I came on my mission and sacrificed 18 months for God, but I will come back even more indebted to Him for the wonderful experiences I have had and the knowledge I have gained, the people I have come to love, and the changes in my own heart. 


When we turn to God, He takes every experience we have in our lives, even the hard ones, and gives us an increase of blessings. We are His children and He loves us :)

I love you all! This gospel is true! I feel it everyday!

Sister Naatjes

No comments:

Post a Comment