Sunday, August 31, 2014

I can't speak English or Korean!

Hello everyone!

What a week!! I learned and grew so much.

Lots of miracles!

On Monday night last week we visited one of the recent converts in our ward from the Phillipines, Beth. It's kind of fun to be able to teach in English! My English is pretty rusty! I always forget words and phrase things really weird--I can't speak English or Korean! haha...My companion doesn't speak English, so I speak very little English usually. Anyway, we had a really spiritual talk with her. She feels lonely in a foreign country--she is married to a Korean and living with her parents-in-law, but doesn't speak Korean, so it can be hard for her, but we got to testify to her that God loves her so much and she has so much worth to Him. She can always rely on Him.

On the bus ride home I sat next to a student and talked to her about the Book of Mormon when in the middle of our conversation I felt a tap on my shoulder--a college-aged girl told me she wants to meet soon to practice English and hear our message--I was so pumped! That never happens! Her name is 기백송 (kim baek seong) She became our investigator and is so great! She is starting to read the Book of Mormon and listens so well! It was a miracle!

One of our investigators is having a really hard time because of her son lately, but we were been able to start meeting him and teach him little by little! That was also a miracle!

On Friday nights we have free english class. Sister Lee and I were running late, but as we were walking we saw a grandpa walking on the street and greeted him--he started talking to me in broken english. We asked if he would come with us to english and he said yes! That was another funny little miracle!

This weekend we had about 3 appointments scheduled each day and all but one cancelled!! haha...But we were still able to meet amazing people and God provided other things for us to do! He always does!

I'm so grateful for this gospel. I'm especially grateful for my Savior, Jesus Christ who knows exactly how I feel always and gives me strength everyday. I know that He lives. The power of His Atonement is real. We are inadequate and always will be, but through Him, we can overcome and be the servants God needs us to be. I'm so blessed to be His missionary and to share His gospel to His beloved children in this beautiful country.

Love you all! Have an amazing week!

Sister Naatjes :)

No comments:

Post a Comment