Sunday, August 17, 2014

live a happy life

안녕하새요!

A recent convert whose back was sore haha.Hi everyone!

What a crazy week! Transer weeks always seem to be really crazy!

Today and this week I have just felt really blessed.

My new ward, 농성, is great! This Sunday I got to see my investigator from my first area and she had just received the Holy Ghost! She's officially a member of the church! she came to church with her twin sister! :) It's fun to be back in Gwangju! Our Elders also had a baptism this week!

My new companion's name is 이예지 (lee yea jee). She's Korean, obviously :) and really fun! I think we're going to see a lot of miracles together.

I'm glad to be here, but it was really hard to leave my old area. I had some really special experiences in Daejeon my last couple days. I didn't tell many people I was leaving, but I visited my favorite 할머니 (pronunciation--harmony) (means grandma). She lives right in front of the church building in a tiny little shed. It used to be a mart that she owned, but now it is just packed full of boxes and things she picks up on the street. When I first came to Daejeon and was companions with Sister Simonsen we started greeting her and singing her hymns...massaging her aching knee...etc. and when Sister Park she started opening her heart up to us a little bit. Her husband passed away a long time ago and her children don't visit her, so she's often sad and lonely.

Saying goodbye to her was really hard. I told her I was leaving, hugged her tight, and just cried. She told me to be healthy and safe, get married, have children, live a happy life...then gave me a kiss on the cheek.

kang so youngI love her and will never forget her. I know that Heavenly Father loves her so much. He let me feel a taste of His love for her. In the world's eyes, she may have little worth, but in His eyes, she is a precious, beloved daughter.

The night before I left we had a miracle--a man in our ward referred one of the less-active member in our ward's daughter to us and she said she would meet! I'm excited for Sister Park and her new companion to teach her! :)

myeongi and subin :)
I saw Sister Shin while I was transferring and she asked where I was going--I told her and she said "oh, you're going to harvest there." Meaning there's a lot of work to do! I'm excited to get started and to work with my companion to find and teach new investigators!

I'm so grateful for this gospel. I know it's true with all of my heart. I love my Savior and feels His strength everyday. I know that Heavenly Father loves all of His children and want them to come unto Him. I'm grateful to be able to help Him, even though I'm weak. I love being a missionary!

Have an amazing week!

낫제스 자매 ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment