Sunday, February 23, 2014

Joy and Heartbreak

Hello!! I just got my transfer call and I'm staying in 충장 again! This will be my 4th transfer here and I'm really excited about it. I love the people I'm serving and I still have work to do :) 

I've officially been on my mission for 6 months and I can hardly believe it. This week I really reflected on what I have learned so far as a missionary. I have learned so much about my Savior and am continuing to learn each and every day. A scripture that stood out to me this week is:

"For ye know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that though he was rich, yet for your sakes he became poor, that ye through his poverty might be rich."

He gave His whole self so that we can be "rich." I am so rich in blessings. My heart is full. I am so grateful for Him and His sacrifices for me. He truly gave everything He had. 

This week was a crazy one! So much happened! It has been an emotional roller-coaster. 

I had the opportunity to bear testimony of the Savior and His gospel with my whole heart many this week. This week we met with 박양순 again and really focused on knowing for herself if our message is true. She loves the Book of Mormon and everything we teach. She said she would pray sincerely that night, so Sister King and I fasted for her to receive an answer. We met with her the next day with anticipation and brought a member with us. We asked her about how her prayer went and she said she doesn't want to change. She knows what we're saying is true, she is just afraid to change. I poured my whole heart out and bore my testimony to her with my whole heart. It wasn't enough though. My heart was broken. I don't think I have ever felt as sad as when I walked out of the little shop that we teach her in. I just know that she could be so happy with the gospel in her life. I'm still not going to give up on her.

I think the Lord let me have a taste of how He must feel when people choose to reject Him. He knows the happiness that can come if they accept Him and follow Him. He gave everything so that we could have His joy. When we reject Him, I can only imagine how it must feel. 

One of my favorite people :) 박웅비 I had a really sweet experience with a widowed grandma this week. We visited her one day and she was feeling really sick and discouraged. Her faith was really struggling. I got to testify of the Savior and His love for her. When we left she was smiling and happy. 
She came to church on Sunday--a thirty minute walk with a hurt leg (she won't let the members give her a ride). She came and sat right next to me and held my hand all meeting. It was very sweet. I'm so grateful for the little moments of joy God gives me!

We had an investigator come to church this week :)

One of our investigators is working toward her baptismal date :)

We are teaching two new little high school girls that are starting to pray for the first time :) So many blessings!

I just love these people in a way I've never loved anyone before. Sometimes things get hard and my heart gets broken, but I can't imagine my life without having met these wonderful people. I know that I am supposed to be here. I'm learning so much about my Savior and about love from these amazing Korean people!
english class :)
The Lord says,
"My strength is made perfect in weakness"
Paul then says
"when I am weak, then I am strong"

I'm learning that Christ takes us--a silly missionary that can hardly speak Korean, a grandma with struggling faith, an investigator with a sliver of faith...and makes us into something great. He takes whatever we can offer and makes it enough. Through Him we can be strong!

Love you all! 

Have an incredible week!

Sister Naatjes :)

No comments:

Post a Comment