Monday, February 17, 2014

My heart is so full today!

 My heart is so full today! I don't even know where to start.

This week has been a roller-coaster! It started out pretty hard like last week--all of our appointments were canceling on us and people just seemed to keep rejecting us. I felt pretty discouraged.

One day during my studies in the morning I read a talk called "The Power of Patience" It said:

"We can grow in faith only if we are willing to wait patiently for God's purposes and patterns to unfold in our lives, on His timetable." 
I know that God has been teaching me. I tried to focus on what I could do to improve and have more success. I read Alma 22:18. King Lamoni learns of God and then says this:

"I will give away all of my sins to know thee"
ward valentines day party :)
I realized I need to give every single piece of me to the Lord. Sister King and I decided to fast along with praying. We tried to give our whole wills to God. And miracles followed! 

First of all, 박양순 (pahk-yahng-soon) met with us again this week! She cancelled all of our appointments last week, but I decided to write her a letter in my broken korean to express to her how much this gospel has blessed my life and how I know it can bless hers and bore my testimony. She met with us the next three days! I love her! 

We met with 이영님 (ee-young-neem). Before she had a conflict where she couldn't come to church at all because of work, but we fasted and prayed for her and now she can come every other week! We taught her about the Plan of Salvation (where we came from, why we're here, and where we're going). In her prayer at the end of the lesson she told God that she believes our words and thanked Him that He sent us to her. I was so happy. I can only imagine how happy God was.

A new lady came to English class this week and Sister King and I set up and appointment with her. She had never prayed before. We talked about God and how He is her Heavenly Father. At the end of the lesson, we taught her how to pray then asked her if she would. She said the simplest prayer, but I was overcome with joy. I think God let me feel a little bit of His love for her. I know that God is so happy when we pray to Him. He wants to hear from us and then to help us. 

이다슬's birthday! We have been trying to meet with an inactive family for months--we've heart-attacked their door (paper hearts on their door), left notes and our phone number...etc...This week they were home and let us in! They love missionaries and the church and said we can come over and visit, but not to get our hopes up because they won't ever come back. My hopes are as high as the sky! I know how much the gospel can bless them. Sister King and I are going to keep visiting and teaching. 

I'm so so grateful to be a missionary. I love the Lord with all of my heart. I'm learning so much about Him everyday. I know this gospel is true. I know that the Book of Mormon and Bible both are true and through them we can receive revelation everyday. I know that when we exercise faith, God gives us miracles. 

Have a wonderful week! 
Sister Naatjes :)

No comments:

Post a Comment