Monday, November 25, 2013

할수있에요

This week was a great one! It went by really fast!

Mom--to answer your questions...we eat a lot of ramen, rice, kimchi, eggs, and fruit. When we visit members we usually get fed 고고마 (sweet potatoes), 감 (persimmons), apples, or clementines. Weird foods...yes. I'm getting better at just eating what's in front of me without asking questions! We've only been fed by members a couple times, so mostly we just fend for ourselves other than the fruit and tea the members give us when we visit.

Funny mishaps--always! It seems like every time I have a conversation with someone they laugh because I say words totally wrong! 
Last week I was walking up the stairs from the subway saying hi to everyone as usual...I said hello to a teenage boy who stopped in his tracks and stared at me. He said, "에수?" (Jesus?) I said, yes! I'm a missionary! He then said, "you believe." I responded "yes," of course! He then quickly went in for a hug--haha! Luckily Sister King stopped him before he got too close! It was pretty funny. 
Yesterday it was stormy and wet. I totally fell down the stairs to the subway! It was hilarious! Also, the wind was so strong that my umbrella broke in like 5 places. 

On Wednesday we had a meeting in Daejeon for all the greenies and our trainers. It was fun to see all the people who came to Korea with me. They seem to be just as confused as I am which was comforting!

My Korean is still pretty awful, but I'm trying to stay positive and just say what I can. Sister King told me that she heard me loudly proclaim in my sleep, "할수있에요" (I can do it!) haha. 


I talked to a lady on the subway this week who happily accepted the Book of Mormon and thanked me--yay! I gave her my number. Hopefully she calls!

On Friday and Saturday I went on a split. I was with 이다슬 자매님. We're both greenies so we were a little bit nervous, but we actually had a lot of success! We taught for over two hours that day--yay! She did pretty much all the talking because she knows Korean haha...but I understood some of it and put in a few words here and there haha. It was really fun!

On Saturday we went to an activity for all the young women in the area. It was "Project Runway." It was really cute. At the end, all the girls sang a song that made me cry. I love these people! 

Yesterday all the missionaries sang "Angels We Have Heard On High" in Sacrament Meeting to kick off the non-existent Christmas spirit in the ward. It was fun--especially because a new, Chinese investigator sang with us. Our Elders met him the night before and invited him to practice with us . He came and sang in Korea--ha! Awesome!

This week I learned a lot. Something I have thought about a lot is the power of prayer--it is so real! In Mosiah 27 the Lord answers the faithful prayers of a worried father, Alma by sending an angel to his son. I love verse 14. The Lords answers faithful prayers. 
So keep praying! God is listening. He will answer our prayers. I know it. He has answered mine. 

I love you all! I love the Lord. I love Korea. I love being a missionary.

Sister Naatjes :)

No comments:

Post a Comment