Monday, November 18, 2013

We had a miracle happen this week!

We had a "sister's conference" with all the girls in my zone. Sister Scott is in my zone--yay!This week has been great! Korea is so awesome :) I see and experience new things everyday! 

We had a miracle happen this week! We were a little bit down because everyone seemed to be rejecting us and we haven't been getting any new people to teach. So we were knocking on a former investigator's door and she wasn't interested...and then a lady ran up to us excitedly and said, "I'm a member!!" We didn't recognize her because she hasn't come to church in a long time. She ran to the store and bought us a warm drink. We were surprised by how excited she was! We got her number then went back to knocking on doors.
A couple days later we were fasting as part of a mission-wide fast. This same lady showed up at our weekly English class. She talked to us afterward and said that she had only come so that she could talk to us missionaries. She had been going through a hard time and felt like God had forgotten about her. She had been praying and just couldn't believe He still loved her. Just that morning she had said her last prayer and had given God His last chance. And then that night she saw us! She had been wanting to see missionaries for a long time and we were an answer to her prayers. We got to tell her that God loves her so much and that He hears her prayers. We all knelt in prayer with tears in our eyes following that experience.

Sister Scott and her trainer, Sister Ensign stayed the night with us for Stake conference :)I know that no matter what we have done in the past or how hard our lives are, God's love is ALWAYS there. always. 


God is using Sister King and I. He put us in someone's path who really needed Him. I feel so blessed to have been a part of that experience. 

We had Stake Conference this week and I didn't understand much, but it was amazing. I was sitting by a sweet, old couple and surrounded by faithful people who love God. They are incredible. I was feeling a little bit flustered because I couldn't understand what was going on, but then the choir sang and it was the most beautiful thing I have ever heard. They sang, "I believe in Christ." My heart was full. I love these people!  These are such special people! I'm so grateful I get to serve here. How did I get so lucky?

In Korea, the men all wear really sparkly, crazy ties. It's hilarious. I love coming to church every week and seeing the pink and purple, glittery ties :)

Sister King and Sister EnsignI love being a missionary. I love the Lord. I love the gospel. I am grateful for the chance I have to testify of God's love for people. Every once in a while, God lets me have a little taste of His love for people. I know with all of my heart that He is real. He hears our cries. His arms are always outstretched. I know it. Keep reading scriptures every day and pray all the time!

Love you all! 

Sister Naatjes :)

No comments:

Post a Comment