Sunday, January 4, 2015

"The snow really came a lot yesterday"

새해 복 많이 받으세요!! Happy New Year!! I can't believe it's already 2015! Time is flying!!

I'm loving every minute of my mission. I feel so blessed to be able to share what I know with people everyday!

I have felt especially blessed recently. I love this country and I love these people. I now even have come to love this language...although I still make mistakes all the time (when I speak Korean AND English!) Since my companion is Korean I don't speak English much. Every time I speak with Chloe, and American teaching English here who is in our ward, I realize how strange my English is. I told her "The snow really came a lot yesterday," and she laughed. :)

This week we saw tons of miracles! 

We made a goal to give away at least one Book of Mormon on the street everyday this transfer and one night we were walking home after our last appointment, had very little time, and nobody had accepted a Book of Mormon yet that day...So we tried talking to everyone in our path, but everyone waved us away. We were almost home when we saw two people waiting at a bus stop and decided to talk one of them...she got a phone call, so we talked to the man standing next to her and it turns out he has been looking for a church. We were able to give him a BoM and get his phone number--it was super cool!! This is truly God's work! When we make a goal and really strive to accomplish it, the Lord helps us and blesses us with miracles.

We met with our recent convert, 곽지원 and her little sister, 곽예원 on Friday night after our weekly English class and her little sister said she wanted to get baptized! Their goal is to be an example to their parents, so that they can get baptized and then all go to the temple together. They have such pure, simple faith! 

Last night one of our members invited that family to Family Home Evening at their house and 곽지원 and her mom came! Miracle!

I know that this is the Lord's work! I love being a missionary!! I love my Heavenly Father and my Savior and feel their influence, love, and strength everyday.

I love you all! Have an incredible week!

Sister Naatjes :)

No comments:

Post a Comment