Sunday, January 18, 2015

Facing reality and cockroaches

What a great week! There were countless miracles!!

One kind of funny, but sad thing is that our house now has cockroaches!! gross!! In the house that my companion lived in before there were cockroaches and we think that they followed her in her luggage! haha...

This week we were able to meet with a lot of great people! 

One of our new investigators who has English interest for her kids met us for the second time this week. The first time she really didn't seem to have any interest in the gospel, but when we met her again she had tons of questions about the Plan of Salvation and it was so good!! We're excited to meet her again this week!

신동현 had foot surgery last week and we visited her in the hospital. Turns out we were beat by 3 ward members who had already visited her! Yay! She was so happy and we were happy that members are taking care of our new member :) 
She was in the hospital with her older sister who isn't a member and didn't really have interest in the gospel when one of the members of the relief society called and asked if she needed anything. shin doung hyun hung up the phone and her sister asked about the church and what relief society was...etc...after it was explained to her she said, "I want to go to the Mormon church" Woooo!! We were so grateful for that faithful relief society member! The little things we do can make a huge difference! It was quite a miracle!

One of our new converts was having a super hard time this week. We called her one night and crying, she told us she feels like her world is falling apart. We cried with her and talked for a long time. We shared our testimonies and it turned into a really spiritual experience for all of us. My companion and I put the phone on speaker and as I was answering one of her questions/concerns, I saw my companion quietly praying next to me. She got done praying and then tearfully shared one of the most powerful testimonies I have ever heard. It was such a powerful experience. She came to church yesterday and said her heart felt better. One of the things that our convert said that really made me think was about how she wanted to meet with us and pray and go to church..etc...but she needs to face reality. I've been thinking a lot about what reality is. 

In 2 Corinthians 4:17-18 it says:
For our light afflictionwhich is but for moment, worketh for us far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory;
 18 While we look not at the things which are seenbut at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.
The biggest reality is in that which is not seen--in God. He is reality, but sometimes we lose sight of that in our busy, pain-filled world. When things are difficult, we need to remember reality--God, His love for us, and His eternal plan of happiness. He has a plan for each of us. The trials will pass and that affliction "worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory."
I'm so grateful for the gospel and all the blessings I receive from it. God loves each of you and knows you perfectly. I'm grateful to be the Lord's missionary. I don't have much time left, so I need to enjoy each and every moment.
I love you all!! Have a great week! 
Sister Naatjes :)

No comments:

Post a Comment