Sunday, December 21, 2014

So many happy moments!

Merry Christmas!! I can't believe it's already Christmas! Time flies! 

It has been an incredibly busy week with transfers, a mission Christmas party, leadership training meetings, zone conference preparation, and lots of appointments! Because we lost a pair of sister missionaries, we now have double the investigators, new members, and less-actives to focus on and care for. It's been pretty stressful! haha. But we're seeing tons of miracles and there are so many happy moments! 

Today 곽지원 kwak jee won is getting baptized! Woo!! So exciting! She is so pure and accepts this gospel with so much enthusiasm. She is 16-years-old and started coming to church with her mom about 2 months ago. They both listened to the lessons together and are so cute and amazing! The mom doesn't quite feel ready to be baptized yet, but kwak jee won wanted to get baptized as soon as possible, so we set a date. She is 16 and has an 11-year-old younger sister who came to church yesterday! They all hope that their dad will start coming to church with them soon! He will be coming to the baptism tonight, so we're really excited! It will be a very special experience for her and her family! We are praying that her family will see her example and follow :) Her dream is to get married in the temple and for her parents to be able to come. 

When I teach them and see them I think of Bailey and Mikki! They are the same ages :) It's fun to see them find happiness through this gospel. 

Our new members all came to church on Sunday along with 5 investigators! It was the craziest Sunday ever in the best way! We're excited for all of them! 

This week I have felt pretty inadequate with all of the responsibilities and things I have to do, but each time I feel like that I need to look to the Savior and His Atonement. My companion and I are really coming to realize more and more that this is the Lord's work and that we truly cannot do this alone. We need Him every moment. Without the spirit and without the power of the Atonement, we are nothing. 

I am so grateful for my Savior. He is my best friend and I love Him. He is the all-knowing, all-powerful son of God, but chose to come to this earth as a babe and chose to suffer the pains and afflictions of all mankind so that He could succor us in our times of need and so that we could return to our loving Heavenly Father again. I am grateful for Him.

I know that this gospel is true. I know that God is aware of each and every one of His children and loves them all perfectly. I am grateful to be able to share this joyful message with these wonderful people. 

I love you all! Have a Merry Christmas!! 


Sister Naatjes

No comments:

Post a Comment