Sunday, November 30, 2014

Don't worry, be happy!

Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving! 

I feel so grateful for so many things! I know that God has blessed me so much and I'm so grateful to be here in Korea doing His work! 

On one evening when our appointments didn't work out we ran into a grandma on the street and greeted her. She immediately got excited and gave me a big hug! She said that some missionaries had knocked on her door in the past and she really liked them. She was the happiest person I think I have ever met. She was in her late 80s and talked to us for a long time about the importance of being happy no matter what happens and about being grateful. She had the biggest smile and said that there's never anything to be sad about because God is real and is always holding her hand! It was a great lesson to me and I felt blessed to meet her! I need to live more like her!
This week was full of miracles!

Our investigators 조은정 (jo-un-jeong) and 김연주 (kim-yun-ju) are getting baptized tonight! 

조은정.has been an investigator for over 2 years and has gone through tons of missionaries! She started meeting for English interest and gained a testimony of our church as she kept meeting with missionaries. She has had plans to be baptized for a loooong time, but has a really hard time making decisions. When I first came to this area we thought about stopping meeting with her because she wasn't making any progress and kept meeting us for only English and didn't want to listen to our message, but then her daughter came home from Busan and we started teaching her. 김연주 started meeting with us and told us she felt that it was really her time to find God and start a relationship with Him. After meeting for just a short time, she had a desire to be baptized and keep the commandments. Before we even taught her about the Word of Wisdom, she heard about it from members and her mom and stopped drinking with her friends and also stopped drinking coffee. I was amazed at her simple, pure faith. We set a date for 조은정 and her daughter to get baptized together, but we weren't sure if 조은정 (the mom) would be able to get baptized because she didn't want to give up coffee or keep some of the commandments, but miracles happened! 

We met with her on Friday and taught her and she was so sincere. Her heart had changed. She said she felt that it's finally time. She still had a few concerns until we taught her about the temple and then she said she felt at peace--so cool! She felt that this is true and finally showed a real, sincere desire to be baptized. She said the closing prayer and it was one of the most powerful moments I think I have ever had. She tearfully poured out her heart to God and asked for His help.She prayed about her family and thanked God for all that she has been given. 
We're so excited for tonight! It will be an amazing, spiritual experience! God sure loves them so much! I'm so blessed to have gotten to be a little part of their conversion. They're so great!

I just feel overwhelmingly grateful in my heart. I know that God lives. I know that Jesus Christ lives. I am so grateful for Christ's Atonement and the role it plays in my life each and every day. I love being a missionary. I love Korea. I love my companion. I love this work. I'm so grateful for the gospel. I know it's true. I feel it everyday. 
I love you all! Have an amazing week!

Sister Naatjes :)



No comments:

Post a Comment