Sunday, November 16, 2014

Don’t give up when the pressure mounts

So first of all I need to tell you about my experience in Seoul! It takes 3 hours to get there by train, so we left at 5 in the morning, went to a member of our church's office so that my companion could get training for her visa interview, and then went to the interview. When we got to the door my companion showed her I.D...etc...and then I showed mine and they said I couldn't come in! I was time for her interview, so there was nothing we could do! I was told the interview would take about an hour. She went in and there I was, alone in Seoul! I freaked out! As missionaries it's a rule that we should never be without our companion...wahh! So I called my mission president and his wife and they didn't answer! So I called the AP and he had no idea what to do, so there I was! haha...a while later President and Sister Shin called back and laughed and said not to worry. I ended up going back to the member's office and studying until my companion finished her interview. It was quite the experience!!

This week lots of miracles happened! And a lot of funny things too!

This week several times as I tried to talk to people on the street--especially at stop lights, they run away from me~! The light turns green and they bolt away! haha...But there are also people who listen and have some interest!

This week we have met with a lot of people having a really hard time, especially our recent converts. Life is hard! 
A quote that stood out to me this week was one by Elder Holland

“Opposition turns up almost any place something good has happened. It can happen when you are trying to get an education. It can hit you after your first month in your new mission field. …

“With any major decision there are cautions and considerations to make, but once there has been illumination, beware the temptation to retreat from a good thing. If it was right when you prayed about it and trusted it and lived for it, it is right now. Don’t give up when the pressure mounts.”

Especially our investigators, recent converts, and less-actives seem to experience many hard things as they begin to know about or start coming back to church. I know that through these things they will become stronger and be able to have stronger testimonies. I also know that the Lord is with them, especially now.

My heart felt super heavy because of all of the hard things I saw, but I felt again God's love and gentle assurance that everything is in His hands. He loves us so much and is always ready to help us anytime.


A miracle happened this week! A few weeks ago I met an inactive member from the U.S. who was visiting her family in Korea on the street and got her sister's number so we could contact her. She told us she was having a really hard time and I invited her to conference then. But we kept not being able to get ahold of her, so I figured she went back to the US. 

This week we ran into her randomly on the street again! She immediately came up to me with tears in her eyes and told me about how hard things are for her right now. I was able to give her a Book of Mormon and invite her to church. On Sunday morning we called and she came! She cried many times and said that she felt like she got needed strength from church and will come again next week. What a miracle! God loves her so much and is aware of her. 

This week we randomly got tons of new investigators, which is a huge blessing!

Our investigators, 조은정 and 김연주 set a baptismal date for 11.30! We're excited for them! 

 I know that this is God's work. I'm grateful to be His weak servant. I know that He loves His children. I know that this gospel is true. I love the Book of Mormon and the Bible and know they are true and from God. I receive guidance and light through them daily and see my investigators do the same. 

I love you all!

Have a wonderful week!

Sister Naatjes :)

No comments:

Post a Comment