Sunday, July 13, 2014

I know that God has a perfect plan

This week I really came to know over and over again that God has a plan and that this is really His work! We saw so many miracles!

First of all, this week on Tuesday our appointment fell through in the afternoon, so we took the subway to the place where our next appointment would be so that we could do some proselyting. We met someone with interest on the subway, so we passed our stop and had to walk back to where our appintment was. I prayed that God would use us and lead us to someone we could help and a miracle happened. 

My companion was talking on the phone as we were walking and I noticed a little, frail woman sitting on the ground near the subway and I felt like I should talk to her. I sat next to her and greeted her. She turned to me and she really looked in bad shape! She was holding her head and said that she had fallen down. She had black teeth and tattered clothes. I immediately loved this woman. I got to talk to her and hold her hand. She kept talking about how she wasn't beautiful and how her body was sick. I got to tell her how special she is and how much God loves her. 

My companion finished her phone call and she told us she had to go, so she tried to stand up, but couldn't by herself and when she got up, she stumbled. So we walked on either side of her to a department store and the security guard helped her from there. 

I felt so much love for that girl and I know God loves her so much! It was His plan for us to help His precious daughter. She was the reason that our appointment got cancelled and we missed our stop on the subway.

This week we have really been focusing on our investigator, 강소영 (kang-so-young). We had a zone conference (training for missionaries) and learned a lot and felt the spirit. That night we really felt like we needed to act to help her out. 

 She has been an investigator for 6+ months. We planned to visit her that night to bring her a Liahona (church magazine) that she requested. We really felt like we needed to be bold with her and tell her how she needs to act to get her answer. We were a little nervous, but prayed tons and felt at peace. We prayed for God to guide us in the lesson. When we got to her house, I realized I accidently grabbed the June Liahona instead of the July one and was going to say something, but then Sister Park and I both felt like we should give her the June one instead. She started flipping through the pages and saw an article about the Priesthood. She looked up at me sincerely and asked me how the Priesthood has blessed my life and what it means to me...I got to share my testimony and the spirit was so strong. Then she asked Sister Park about her experiences with the gospel and how she came to know it was true. It was the most spirit-filled lesson I have had on my whole mission I think. My companion and I both cried during the lesson as we shared our experiences. We just trusted God and He led the lesson. At the end of the lesson she committed herself to really pray. We were really bold about how our purpose is not to be just her friends and English teachers, but to bring her closer to Christ through helping her have faith, to repent, to receive baptism, receive the Holy Ghost, and endure to the end. 

After that night we saw her everyday that week--both at her house, randomly on the street, and in restaurants--it was really cool. God kept putting her in our path. We could tell she was really thinking. At English class she asked the elders how they came to know the church was true.

On Saturday night she wanted to meet us at a cafe which is unusual, so we were kind of nervous. She told us how she loves our church and sees how happy the members are. She wants her son to become like the missionaries in our ward and her daughter to become like us. She told us that she needs some time to think and really sincerely pray if this church is really true and if she should get baptized. So she kind of dropped us in the best way--we felt completely at peace. I feel confident that she will get an answer in God's time. I love her so much and I'm excited for the miracles that are coming!

I know that God has a perfect plan for 강소영 as He does for all of His children. I'm excited to see the miracles that God is planning for her and for us this week! I trust the Lord and know this is His work!

I love the gospel and I love being a missionary!! I know this is true!

Love you all!

Sister Naatjes :)

No comments:

Post a Comment