Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Cinco de Mayo

Sister Simonsen and I workout every morning on a trail by a river near our house and we have had some pretty funny things happen! I say hello to everyone as we pass by and now people are starting to say hello to us before we can--it's fun because people usually don't do that in Korea :)

Yesterday we ran passed a grandma and said hello. She motioned for me to come back and put our her hand...I clasped it thinking she wanted me to shake it, but then she motioned for me to high-five her--haha! It was cute! We saw her again this morning and she had us do the same thing. 

We ran passed a man riding on a bike and when we passed him he said, "fighting!" then serenaded us with a classic Korean song as we were running. He stayed pretty close behind us for a while and just kept singing. I could hardly run I was laughing so hard! I love Korea! :)

This week we saw miracles as usual! When I first got to this area Sister Simonsen and I were trying to come up with ways to get the members here involved in missionary work and we came up with a Cinco de Mayo party--haha. So we planned and everything seemed to be falling through at first--conflicting schedules...complaints...but everything actually ended up going great! A lady in our ward made tacos and our American members brought a bunch of Mexican food. I made a pinata and it was a hit! We played games, had a photo booth...16 non-members came and a good group of less actives! It was a miracle!




This week our Ethiopian investigators came to church again and so did our college student investigator! It was exciting!

We taught one of our new investigators this week about receiving answers to prayer and then about how this church has blessed our lives. I shared Grandma and Grandpa Naatjes's conversion story and how grateful I am that they accepted the gospel so that I have all the blessings I have today including the ability to be sealed to my family forever in the temple. In her closing prayer she thanked God that my grandma converted so that I could be here in Korea and I was very touched. I'm so grateful for this gospel.

I told grandma's conversion story to another one of our investigators too this week and it really helped her! Thanks grandma :) 

I know that this gospel is true. I'm so grateful for the my Savior and that I get to testify of Him everyday. I love being His missionary :)

Love you all!

Sister Naatjes :)

No comments:

Post a Comment