Sunday, April 27, 2014

I was so nervous to teach without my companion

I don't even know where to start. This is truly God's work. Sister Simonsen and I saw countless miracles this week!

got my packages! Thanks!! :)We really saw miracles from talking to everyone--on the street this week we met two ladies on different days who took us right to their houses and let us teach them! We also met a man from Ethiopia on the street. We told him we were missionaries and before we could even ask, he told us he could meet on weekends and asked what time our church was at. He came on Sunday with his friend and they are coming again next sunday! Our little English group loved them and our Korean ward members used the extent of their english to fellowship them--it was so awesome! 

We randomly talked to a little girl on the street and it turns out she had been baptized with her mom and brother years ago and hasn't been coming to church. We met with her on Saturday and it was a really tender experience. She's really shy and cute and we got to testify to her that God loves her and hears her prayers. We're going to start visiting her family!

Yesterday we saw so many miracles! We were stressed because after church was a ward coordination meeting about missionary work and we also had an appointment with our investigators. We ended up going on a member split, so I taught our two 23-year-old investigators with a girl in our ward. I was so nervous to teach without my companion, but God helped me so much. We had one of the most spiritual lessons I have had on my whole mission. One of the girls we were teaching expressed concern about a tragedy that recently happened in Korea:
A big group of high school students went on a school field trip to an island and the boat sunk. over 100 students died and tons have not been found. It was a huge tragedy.

got my packages! Thanks!! :)
My investigator was concerned about the salvation of these students. I got to look her in the eyes and tell her that the students' spirits are still living and that they are not in Hell. Many religions think that if people do not get baptized in this life, they go to Hell, but that isn't true. Heavenly Father loves all of His children and gives each a fair chance to accept His gospel whether in this life or the next and doesn't send His children to Hell. We read Doctrine and Covenants 137 together and it was powerful. I also testified that my grandpa Naatjes died, but that his spirit is still living. I asked them if they would pray to know our message was true and be baptized if it is and they both said yes. I felt the spirit so strongly. It was amazing.

I know that God loves His children and I'm so grateful for my knowledge of His plan through the Book of Mormon. I love being a missionary and I know that this gospel is true!

Have an incredible week!

Sister Naatjes :)

No comments:

Post a Comment