Sunday, May 18, 2014

"I'm happy."

Today we already get transfer calls again! I haven't gotten mine yet, but I'm assuming I'll stay here. I can't believe I've already been in 둔산 6 weeks! 

This week I had some big disappointments, but also some really special experiences.

Crazy thing that happened this week:
As Sister Simonsen and I were doing our morning run, some men walking on the trail yelled to us and wanted to talk. We thought it would be a good opportunity to share the gospel, so of course, we went. One of the men spoke good English and immediately started yelling loudly at us about the Bible and about Jesus Christ. He spoke angrily about the boat accident in Korea and spoke loudly about salvation and I can't remember what else, spit flying as he talked. I was so shocked. I don't think I have ever seen someone so angry. 
As he yelled, his friend kept wiping Sister Simonsen's face with a tissue because she was sweating...it was very strange. I didn't know what to think about that experience...haha

I'm grateful for the knowledge I have of the Plan of Salvation-God's plan. It gives me peace everyday, especially when hard things happen. I have peace in a world of commotion and confusion. I want to share it with everyone!

This week several of our investigators started dropping us including two students that we love so much! It was hard. But every time we felt discouraged, God blessed us with miracles.

For example, we had an appointment with a less-active member, went to their house, then they said they were busy... we were discouraged, and started heading toward the direction of our next appointment when I had the thought to visit a lady who works at a cafe near one of our member's houses. We went and had a great discussion. She has a Buddhist background, but doesn't have a religion right now. We talked about her life and she said something about how getting old is scary. We asked why and she said she's afraid that she isn't using her time right. She believes that this life is it, so she's afraid of getting old. We testified to her that there is a purpose to her life and that there is a life after death. Also that everyone makes mistakes and has inadequacies, but we don't have to be afraid because Jesus Christ makes up for our weaknesses. We then invited her to take the missionary discussions with us and she said she would! It's amazing how God works. He knew that the cafe lady needed us that night. Our disappointment quickly turned into huge joy! We were SO happy!

We have an investigator named 강소영 (kang-so-young) who is in her forties and we usually teach her twice a week, but one day she couldn't meet, so she had us teach her daughter, 나연 (na-hyun) instead. It ended up being an incredible lesson and we felt the spirit so strong as we testified to her that she's a daughter of God, that she can pray to Him and that He really will answer her prayers. She said a simple and very sweet prayer at the end with a few giggles. It was very special. 

Yesterday some other investigators of our cancelled and we were disappointed again, but then on the way to another appointment we randomly ran into a former investigator who some other sister missionaries taught before. We set up an appointment, met, and had a great lesson. While we were meeting, she randomly said in English, "I'm happy." I couldn't understand at first because I was expecting Korean. We explained that she was feeling the spirit. We talked about baptism with her and she said she wants to be baptized! 

I'm always amazed how God puts people in our paths. This truly is God's work. I'm so blessed to be His missionary and see miracles everyday. I love my Heavenly Father, I love this gospel, I know that it's true, I know that God is a God of miracles. I love you all! Have an amazing week!

Sister Naatjes :)

No comments:

Post a Comment