Tuesday, January 21, 2014

"I love Jesus."

What an incredible week!

This week I ate some crazy things as usual...probably the craziest was a fish with the scales still on it! ...and it wasn't too bad! I'm convinced God is blessing my taste buds because I don't think I could have eaten that before my mission :)

We walked through the 시장 (market with lots of fish and all that good stuff...) to find a member's house and we saw three huge pig heads on a platter--I wonder if people buy those to eat them? Pretty cool. 

A girl told me a little while ago that I had a small face--I thought Dad would get a kick out of that. I don't think I've been told that that before--I'm the daughter of Scott Naatjes! haha... In Korea, if you have a small face, it means you're pretty. They like small faces and really white skin. 

On Wednesday this week Sister King and I went to visit a member and forgot some records we needed at the house. We were bummed because we had to go back home, but God knew we were going to forget them because we had so many miracles on the way home! About 3 minutes after we turned around to walk back home, a man stopped us to advertise a special meditation class he does, but then after talking for a little while, he agreed to meet with us! Then we saw a little old grandma struggling with a really heavy statue. We helped her carry it home (up a huge hill--and it was heavy!) I'm so glad we saw her! It's amazing how the Lord is always putting people in our paths!

We met with a new investigator this week--이영님 (ee-young-neem) (we found her last Saturday night) (octopus lady). We talked about Christ and the Book of Mormon. We asked her if she wanted to follow Christ and she responded in English (in her really cute accent) "I love Jesus." I was all smiles. She wants to be baptized and come to church! I love this lady! At the end of our lesson, we asked her if she would pray. She looked confused, so we taught her how then she did it. It was such a sweet prayer! She ended then told us it was her first time ever! I feel so blessed to have gotten to be there for it.

me in front of a cool house (with my korean scriptures and english ones) (quite the armful!)
This week I caught a cold and it was cute how concerned the members were for me. We went to a member's house and I started coughing really hard and the mom quickly went in the kitchen to get me special tea and the dad insisted on giving me a priesthood blessing. It was the coolest experience! He blessed me in Korean, so I couldn't understand much, but the spirit was so strong. I could feel God's love for me and for these wonderful people! 

This week I read Elder Ballard's last conference talk and a part that really stood out to me was, 

"Everytime you take someone figuratively by the hand and introduce him or her to Jesus Christ, you will feel how deeply the Savior loves you and loves the person whose hand is in yours." 

This is so true! As I share our testimony of the Savior with others, I feel His love so strongly! I love all of the people we teach! I love my Savior! The gospel is true! Don't be afraid to share it :) 

Love you all!

Sister Naatjes :)

No comments:

Post a Comment