Tuesday, December 17, 2013

"ELF!"

This week was a miracle week! 

First, a few funny things:

A man named "Richard" (his american name) came to English class this week and he was hilarious! He loves speaking his broken enlish really loudly and with a lot of energy! We played Christmas catch-phrase and he stood up for his turn. He said, "A big sheep...with BIG horns!" ...Someone then yelled, "ELF!" ...they were right--HA! All of us missionaries laughed for a long time. 

We ran into the same grandpa two nights in a row this week (which never happens because we're in such a huge city). He loves practicing his english. He came up to me and said, "You are very beautiful. I especially like your hairstyle!" It was super funny. He gave us his address and wants us to come by. We're excited because he's hilarious! 
We had a dinner at an old grandma's house last night and it was soooo hard! There was a soup with big fish cakes in it and I have a hard time with them, so I tried to eat them first to get them over with--big mistake! ...she insisted on giving me more haha. I'm still learning. 

Now for the miracles! 

pics from combined district meeting. :)
We had no appointments and the former investigators we tried weren't home, so we 가가호호-ed an apartment complex and the manager stopped us! We taught him about the Book of Mormon and was reading it super intently when we left. He told us to stop by anytime! We also found another interested girl from 가가호호-ing! (tracting) People usually don't open the door when we knock, so it was a miracle! We set up an appointment for this week! 
pics from combined district meeting. :)Sister King had to re-charge her bus card this week, so we went into a little store and the worker was super interested and talked to us for like 30 minutes! It was so great!

We're are now teaching 3 new people! We got to meet with Ana, the American girl we met on the street this week and it was so awesome! She had tons of questions we were able to answer and is really interested! She's reading the Book of Mormon! It was such a cool experience to be able to answer questions she has had for a long time. 

이지영 came to church this week! Yay! She seemed to really like it, so we're excited! 

I love this gospel! I love being a missionary, even though it's hard a lot of the time. I feel so blessed to be able to share what means the most to me with others. I am blessed each and every day from my knowledge of the gospel. I know my purpose. I know my God. I know that He loves me and that I can pray to Him anytime. It's amazing. I am blessed by the Book of Mormon daily. I just want to share it with the world! ...I guess I get to start with Korea :) 

The Lord is strengthening me everyday. As I pray for strength, the Lord makes up for my MANY inadequacies. My Korean, my teaching skills, my faith...and so many other things are lacking, but through the Savior I become good enough. 

Keep praying and reading the scriptures. Pray to God. He is listening and will draw closer to you as you do so. 

Love,

Sister Naatjes :)

No comments:

Post a Comment