Friday, October 4, 2013

Hey!! (Week 6)

This week was a great one! It flew by so quickly. I can't believe I'm already writing another email home. I'm going to be in Korea in 2 1/2 weeks! Whaaaatt? Exciting, but really scary!

On Saturday I got to sing at the General Relief Society Broadcast--it was incredible. I'm so lucky to have gotten to have that once-in-a-lifetime experience. I was so close to the prophet!

girls from my zone singing at the broadcastWe took eight buses up to Salt Lake on Saturday morning, practiced in the conference center, the General Relief Society Presidency spoke to us, we ate a meal, then we got to perform and watch the broadcast. It was so awesome! I got to sing my testimony to the world! [we saw her on TV]

Before we went up to Salt Lake we had hair and makeup checks. It was really funny. Everyone came out with TONS of blush on. I looked a little bit ridiculous, but it was funny. A lady came up to me before the makeup check and said, "wow, you're pale. They're going to put a lot on you!" Haha. It was funny.

On the way home each girl on our bus had the opportunity to bear her testimony. It was incredible. I love my Heavenly Father. I love my Savior. I love the gospel. I know that God loves all of His children. I know that Christ atoned for each of our sins. I know that through the Atonement, Christ knows what each and every one of us are experiencing. He understands us personally and perfectly. I feel humbled and completely unqualified to be His missionary, but I want to share my simple testimony with everyone I know. God is real. The Book of Mormon is true--it brings us closer to God each time we read it. I know that God speaks to us today. We have a prophet. We can receive personal revelation. I know that through Him, I can do all things. (Even learn Korean!)

conference center!!General RS broadcast :) Sister Lyon, Sister Scott, and I.

During testimony meeting on Sunday, I stood up in front of my whole ward and said my testimony in Korean. I said very simple things, but I did it! Korean is SO hard, but it's coming. There are so many different grammar forms and different ways to structure sentences. For example, for the sentence, "I know that when we pray, God hears us," in Korean it would be arranged as, "I we pray when, God us hears I know." (plus random subject and object markers and other things). It's hard, but Heavenly Father is helping me! I find words to say during our lessons!

my district at the temple
I tried to ask one of the native Korean sisters if she would play piano in sacrament meeting. She ended up saying "speak English sister." Dang. Hopefully when I get to Korea I'll be good enough at speaking that they won't ask me to speak English haha. 

This week both of our investigators (who our teachers role-play) committed to be baptized! Woooo! Our teachers role play actual investigators they taught on their missions in Korea, so it's pretty cool! 

companions and I :)We got to host for the new missionaries this week and it was so much fun! I ran into Sister (Danielle) Miller! It's always fun to see Minnesota people here :)

That's fun that Landon was in MN! 
Landon and MaLese--you should totally move to MN! It's the best state ever! :)

Megan--loved your letter. Hilarious!
Kendall--Ouch! Sorry about your ankle! Hope it heals quickly! [warning: link is a picture of the injured ankle]
Bells--Way to go! I hear your doing awesome in soccer and scoring lots of goals!
General RS broadcast :) Sister Lyon and I :)Doodle-doo--Heard you gave a great talk! Awesome job! 

Thanks for the Dear Elders and letters this week! I have the best family and friends ever!

Love you all,

Sister Naatjes 






No comments:

Post a Comment