Thursday, October 24, 2013

Almost to Korea! (Week 8)

This week was great! I can't believe I am leaving to Korea on MONDAY! whaaat?? We got our flight plans last Friday. I leave the MTC at 3:30 AM on Monday morning, have a lay-over in Detroit, then fly straight to Seoul. I won't get there until 6:30 Tuesday evening. Crazy!

On Friday night we skyped with a lady living in Daejeon! She spoke simply for us so that we could understand most of what she said. It actually went really well!

For sacrament meeting this week, our two speakers were Sister Sung and Elder Kim. Sister Sung is from Cambodia and is learning Korean through English and she knows very little English. She gave her talk in Korean and it was awesome! Elder Kim is a Korean Elder who gave His talk in English and it was so cool. I am surrounded by so many incredible people. I am the luckiest girl ever.  

We had some amazing devotionals this week! On Tuesday night Dallin H. Oaks came--wooo! He talked about three different challenges of missionary work: the challenge to change, the challenge to achieve, and the challenge to become. When we truly become, we have a change of heart, we love the Lord and the people we are teaching with all of our hearts. 

It's hard to believe that in just a few days I'll be in the streets of Korea preaching...IN KOREAN. I am so excited and so nervous. This week I have been scared out of my mind to go to Korea. This is crazy! I'm going to a completely foreign place to talk to people I have never met and will hardly understand. BUT I know why I'm doing this. I'm going to Korea because I love my God. I love my Savior. I know God lives and I will go tell it to the world, wherever the Lord needs me. He loves His children, He speaks to us today, there is a prophet on the earth today, Joseph Smith was a prophet, the Book of Mormon is true.
My district with my teacher, Brother Decker

I know that I cannot do this alone. But through Him, I can do all things. I am His servant. I have His strength. He is helping me every day. The Lord knows I can speak Korean--he called me to Korea! 

New missionaries going to Korea came this week and there weren't enough Korean teachers, so we lost ours this week. It's been pretty crazy.

Read the Book of Mormon! It has blessed me so much. God speaks through the scriptures. This week it has given me comfort, strength, and guidance. I feel peace when I read it. I promise if you read it, you can feel the same peace I do. I want everyone to be able to have the blessings I have from reading the Book of Mormon. If you've never read it, try it! I promise your life will be better and you will come closer to God. :)

Thanks for all the letters! I am so grateful for the love and support! Kris--thanks for the cookies! :) 

Love,

Sister Naatjes

No comments:

Post a Comment