Friday, September 27, 2013

Hey!! (Week 5)

My zone (all the Korean-speaking missionaries) and our branch presidency
I had a great week! I love being a missionary! I'm getting better at Korean and I'm constructing sentences in my head much faster (granted, I'm still super slow)! My companions and I taught our investigator, "kim-hahn-been" this week and had an incredible experience. I got to testify to him that Jesus Christ atoned for his sins and that Christ loves him personally. It was amazing. I felt so happy after our lesson that I jumped for joy. I felt like Rachel and Preslee when they get excited haha.
My district

We got to teach a native Korean speaker named Mikayla (her American name). She is a recent convert of 5 months. We taught her about receiving personal revelation through reading the Book of Mormon. She was so awesome! She filled out an evaluation. On the bottom of the paper she wrote that her experience with us made her want to be a missionary someday. It melted my heart. I'm so excited to go to Korea and meet more people like her!

Ellen Johnson is in the choir too! I lead the music in church on Sunday and it made me super nervous because we sing in Korean, but I only messed up a few times :)

I spoke Korean in my sleep last week and my companions tease me about it a lot. I kept saying "kahm-sahm-ni-da Sister!" ["thank you Sister!"] for like an hour straight! Haha.

In a lesson with "jwae-sohng-geen" this week I asked him what he had read in the Book of Mormon since our last visit. I began talking about the "nanu" (tree) because I thought he was talking about the tree of life...instead he had said that Lehi had just died, so he was really confused when I started to bear testimony about a tree haha. We had a good laugh afterward. 
An Elder in my class is convinced that I have a Russian accent when I speak Korean. I have no idea what that means, but it's pretty funny! 

Oh, tomorrow I will be wearing a bright-pink shirt for the Relief Society Broadcast so I shouldn't be too hard to spot! It has been a really cool experience to sing in the choir! I'm so lucky to be a part of it! It's going to be so fun! I get to go to Salt Lake tomorrow! Maybe I'll get to meet the prophet! :)

I love the Lord so much. I'm so blessed to be His missionary. I know that I can do all things through him :) I know that as we turn to the Lord, he will change us and will strengthen us. 

Have a great week! 

Sister Naatjes

No comments:

Post a Comment