Friday, September 13, 2013

Hello! (Week 3)

Hi everyone!

No bed bugs this week! Yay! Yesterday my companions and I taught our investigator, kim-hahn-bean hyung jae neem. We have two investigators and teach one every day. We prepared a whole lesson on Jesus Christ, repentance, baptism...etc. We had all of our sentences planned out in Korean, but he asked some questions at the beginning and we changed what we talked about. We taught a whole lesson in Korean unscripted! I spoke to him in Korean without using the sentences I planned! That was huge! My Korean was probably really hard to understand and completely wrong grammatically, but I did it! It was pretty cool. The problem is that we can never understand what either of our investigators are saying when they answer our questions or ask us questions. 

One of my favorite things to teach about is definitely the Atonement of Jesus Christ and His love for each and every one of us. We are never alone. We are loved. He knows us by name. In Christ we can find true joy. I get to tell people that they have a purpose in life. I get to tell them that they have a Savior! Can it get better than that? 

A bunch of us with the Korean sisters. They were so cute!
...but Korean is still really hard. We had 4 sisters from Korea come the last couple weeks and when they would talk to each other I couldn't understand anything! (especially because I only know gospel vocabulary). I loved those Korean elders and sisters though. They were amazing! 

We got a whole bunch of new missionaries going to Korea this week. One of the sisters is from Cambodia and another is from Taiwan. They both speak very little English and will be learning Korean from English. I have nothing to complain about. They're amazing.

Our zone before the older districts left
In choir this week we sang, "Where Can I Turn For Peace." I absolutely love choir here! It's powerful to sing hymns with so many people. Devotionals were great...

I saw Ellen Johnson this week! She is living in the same building on the same floor. It was nice to see a familiar face :)

I love being a missionary. I already love Korea. I am actually beginning to really like the language. I already love the Korean people. I'm so excited to go serve them and share the joy I find through the gospel with them. I feel the Lord's love each and every day. I love my Savior, I love the gospel, and I know that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is the restored gospel of Jesus Christ. 

I know this is late, but I'm so excited for MaLese, Landon, and family! Congrats on the baby! Aubrynne--you're at BYU!! Crazy! You should write me because I want to hear all about it.

Love,

Sister Naatjes

No comments:

Post a Comment