Monday, March 2, 2015

I don't want this to end!

This week went by way too fast! I can't believe it's already Monday again. 

This week we saw so many miracles and so many blessings from the Lord. I feel so undeserving and just blessed. 

This week we started meeting with one of our member's older sister and her two daughters and they are so great! The two girls remind me lots of Bailey and Mikki which makes it fun to teach them! We had a lesson with them on Monday and also Wednesday. The mom has a lot of questions and it's fun to teach. On Wednesday we taught the first lesson and about baptism and we asked the investigator's younger sister (who was baptized about 5 years ago) to bear her testimony and she shared a simple testimony that was beautiful. After she shared it I glanced over to her and saw that she was quietly crying and I knew she was feeling the spirit. I was grateful to be a part of that tender experience. 

This week our recent convert 곽지원 who we have been praying like crazy for finally came to church again after over a month and I felt so happy! She still loves the church and is going to come every week from now on she said! She has such pure and simple faith and I really feel that she will lead the rest of her family to being baptized too! I felt so happy! Also at church all of our recent converts were able to come! One of them who has been having a hard time fasted and prayed and was in tears in church because she said she heard exactly what she needed! I feel so blessed to know them and learn from their examples. I don't know how I will leave them. 

We have started seeing a grandma outside of our apartment almost everyday limping down the street and pushing a big cart of garbage--many grandmas in Korea do this as their work. They collect garbage on the street and in trash cans in order to earn a little bit of money for each day. We started trying to help her a long time ago and she didn't let us, but this week she let us! We picked up trash with her a couple days this week and she started to trust us. Today on our way to get a few errands done we saw her sitting on the curb on the sidewalk and sat down next to us. She told us about how she works from 10 to 7 each day and how her body aches. I started massaging her knee and a couple minutes later she said, turning her back to me, "well, if you're going to massage me, massage my back!" haha! We sat there and massaged her back on the side of the road! I was grateful for the opportunity to massage her achy back and tell her how amazing she is and how much God loves her! It made our day today! She's amazing!! 

I don't want this to end! It doesn't feel real that it will end. I just feel so much gratitude and my heart is so full! I love this country and this people and my God! I know that this is His work. This church is true! The Bible and the Book of Mormon are the word of God! We have living prophets today! Families are forever! There are so many things to be grateful for! 

I love you all and hope you have an amazing week! 

낫제스 자매 선교사 ^^ 




No comments:

Post a Comment