Sunday, October 26, 2014

Time is starting to fly by faster and faster

Hey Everyone~! It's been another amazing week as a missionary! Time is starting to fly by faster and faster--I can't believe it's almost November! Wahh! 

jo un jeong and her daughter
This week we saw so many miracles! 

We visited one of our members houses this week in the evening--she's preparing to go on a mission to Temple Square next month, her mother is less-active, and her father is not a member of our church. We had never met her dad before, but when we went they were all at home and we were super excited! They showed us all of their old family pictures, gave us fruit (persimmon) and sweet potatoes (that's what members usually give us when we visit), and then we got to share a message. We shared the Plan of Salvation and the spirit was strong. After we taught, the mother told us about a friend of hers she wanted us to pray for who is very sick. She also requested a priesthood blessing for her friend. When we left I got to say the closing prayer and prayed for her sick friend and the spirit was so strong--it felt almost tangible. I was so grateful to share that experience with them and to see that mother's little act of faith. I know God loves that family so much and is mindful of them and the mother's sick friend. 

신동현 shin deong hyun, our recent convert, is sooooo amazing! She teaches with us almost everyday and her testimony has become so strong. I love her so much! After church yesterday my companion and I had to go on a member split because we had to teach two investigators. I taught with 신동현 a lady who has been an investigator on and off for 3 years who has fear of being baptized. 신동현 bore a pure, strong testimony that God is always with us. Although she knows being a member of this church and living the gospel will not be easy and that she will continue to receive a lot of opposition from her family, that God will help her. She's so amazing!

Cute little girls in our ward! :)On the weekly conference call that our mission has I found out that a recent convert in Daejeon who I used to visit tons--her husband--got baptized!! I'm so excited! Such a miracle!

One of our investigators who is Kendall's age is getting baptized next week!! She's super cute and just really pure. we're excited for her!

I taught Ursula again this week and it was hard again--English! Haha...but it was good! She has a lot of questions. I really like her and the members are really excited about her.  :)

I feel so blessed to be a part of this work. I feel the Lord's influence everyday and know that it is true with all of my heart! I know that God loves His children so much and that He is aware of each of us. I am grateful to be able to be His instrument in sharing this gospel with others. I am so weak and inadequate, but through Christ I am enough. He makes up for my weaknesses. I love this gospel!

Have an amazing week! I love you all!

Sister Naatjes :)

No comments:

Post a Comment