Sunday, October 5, 2014

"If you sing too much, you look stupid."

It was another crazy, amazing week being a missionary!

We had some funnies and lots of miracles, as always!

This week as we were walking to our apartment to do language study and eat dinner we saw a grandma standing in the parking lot, so talked to her. She greeted me in pretty good English and said she was 94-years-old! I couldn't believe it! She was in great health. She invited us to come to her apartment with her, so we did :) She lives alone and had a stack of japanese books on her table. She also speaks fluent japanese! She was hilarious and showed us all her old pictures. She talked about feeling lonely sometimes and we talked to her about how God is always with her and loves her so much. Then we asked her if we could sing a hymn for her before we left and she said we shouldn't sing. We were surprised! She said, "only sing when you really need to. If you sing too much, you look stupid." My companion and I laughed really hard. I could feel how much God loves that little grandma.

On our way to the church for an appointment one day I was greeting everyone along the way and one guy suddenly stopped which happens really rarely. We talked to him for a while and he said he wanted to come to our church, so we told him he could come with us right then. As we started walking with him I turned and saw a little lady with a BYU shirt--woah! Something you never see in Korea! She approached me and said that she was on a trip here and was praying to find someone to show her where the church was! And then she saw the sister missionaries! How cool! God answers prayers! We all walked to the church together and were able to introduce the man we met to the Elders :)

On Sunday 신동현 got the gift of the holy ghost at church--she was so cute. She sat by me in the front and was super excited. After she was confirmed, she sat by me, smiling, and said, "I'm officially a member!" The spirit was strong and she was blessed with amazing things!

We had 4 investigators come to church this week which was exciting! It was a great meeting.

On Sunday after church we met with a girl from the middle-east because she was interested in learning about Korean culture and wanted help adjusting to living here. So we met and talked and then taught a lesson. My companion doesn't like to speak English, so I taught most of it (luckily there's a foreigner in our ward named Chloe that could help me a little bit!). It was cool to hear about her culture and beliefs. She believes in both Jesus and Mohammad. I was amazed how hard it was for me to speak English! After the lesson Chloe said she could tell English was hard for me--haha...I can't speak English or Korean fluently anymore!

I felt blessed again this week to be a missionary and to be doing this work. There are miracles everyday and I'm so grateful to be a part of it. I love these Korean people and the culture and am just grateful. God is so good to me. I love the gospel. I love my Heavenly Father. I love my Savior. I know that through Him I can do all things. I love you all and hope you have an amazing week!

Sister Naatjes :)

No comments:

Post a Comment