Sunday, September 14, 2014

She started reading and couldn't stop!

Miracles happened this week! I really learned and grew a lot and I feel so blessed.

First of all, our investigator 신동현 shin dong hyun is getting baptized! She wants to get baptized in 2 weeks! She's amazing! She is 21 years old. She's a former investigator who stopped meeting with missionaries because she went to Seoul for a while, but she came back and wanted to meet again. She really loves the gospel. She has believed in God ever since she was little and has tried attending many different churches, but was always disappointed because of mean things said to her or abuse she received from workers at other churches. She also worked at another church as a financial secretary and was disappointed and shocked about how the money was being used, so she left. She found pure doctrine and truth in our gospel. 
She reads the Book of Mormon everyday and loves it! On Sunday morning at 6:30 she texted us and said she hadn't slept at all that night because she started reading the Book of Mormon and "Our Search for Happiness" by Elder Ballard and couldn't stop! She still came to church, but was really tired haha! I feel blessed to be able to see her find joy in the gospel and to be able to share it with her.
The other sister missionarys' investigator (we have two pairs of sisters in our ward) is also getting baptized the same week and she's amazing too! 

This week I has an experience that really impacted me and strengthened my testimony. We were waiting at a bus stop and were on the way to visit Beth, one of our recent converts, and started talking to some grandmas and grandpas that were also waiting. They had heard of our church and showed a little interest, so I gave them our phone number and were telling them where the church is when a man suddenly approached me and reached out his hand, so I gave him a mormon.org card with our phone number on it. He saw "mormon" and immediately got angry. He loudly accused us of being "이단" "heretic" and saying various other anti-mormon things and asked how I could possibly be proselyting for such a church. He took the card I gave him and tore it up into pieces in front of my companion and I and walked away angrily. I thought it was over, but he came storming back and kept persecuting our church and my companion and I. Then he looked at the mormon.org cards in my hands and swiped them all away and told me not to proselyte to anyone. During the whole thing I felt totally calm. I know that this is true with all of my heart. I felt again how true this gospel is and how sacred and special it is to me. I will never be able to deny it because I feel it everyday as I teach and testify of it. I feel so blessed to have the chance to stand up for what I know is true! 

I'm so grateful for this church. I'm grateful for my loving Heavenly Father and for His son, Jesus Christ who strengthen me everyday. I am so indebted to them and become more and more so everyday. I love them and will never leave them. I am grateful to be able to teach people what I know to be true. 

I love you all so much! Have an amazing week!! 

Sister Naatjes :)

No comments:

Post a Comment