Sunday, September 21, 2014

Pig intestines and loach soup

we had a sports night and quite a few people came!
Hi everyone!!
Another week of learning, growing, and lots of miracles!!

Crazy things I ate this week:

My companion and 시동현 (the investigator who is getting baptized today) We ate bone soup together! (It's a pig spine they put right in a soup and you eat all the meat around it--sooo good!)Someone I met on the bus owns a restaurant and wanted us to come, so we did...it was a crazy restaurant--they ordered for us--pig intestines! Lots of them! The smell was really bad and it tasted how it smelled haha, but we had to eat it! My companion really likes intestines, but I was on a split with another American missionary, Sister Mikesell, so it was hard! Sister Mikesell swallowed the pieces whole so she didn't have to taste it haha! It was quite the experience!

Last P-day with 신동현 :)I also ate loach soup and actually really liked it! You should try it sometime!haha

So this week we met with 신동현 a lot and she ended up wanting to change her baptismal date to Monday (today) because it's the day that Joseph Smith received the plates from Angel Moroni--cool! So she and the other sister missionarys' investigator, 이송이 are both getting baptized tonight at 7! Woo!

REALLY CUTE little girls--our investigator's daughters :)It's been cool to see them both and how excited they are about the gospel--they love it! They both say they have found truth here and their testimonies are growing more and more everyday!

This Sunday was ward conference and they both participated in the ward choir with us--it was super cool! Also our other investigator, 조은정, came to church! It was a busy, awesome Sunday!

조은정 자매님 has been meeting the missionaries on and off for 2+ years and finally, yesterday said that she wants to get baptized soon! She has a son and daughter who also come to church sometimes!
이송이--the other girl who is getting baptized today!! :)
It's fun to see people find joy in the gospel. I've been thinking a lot about joy recently--there truly is a special joy that comes through the gospel.

Doctrine and Covenants 101:36

"Wherefore, fear not even unto death; for in this world your joy is not full, but it me you joy is full."
The baptism invitation that my companion made--cute, huh? at first I made an invatation, but my companion looked at mine and said that she would make one--haha! Art has never been my strong point...
Through Christ and His gospel we recieve everlasting and a fulness of joy!

I know that this is true! I love my Savior and His church with all of my heart and I'm so grateful to be serving Him!

Have an incredible week!!

Sister Naatjes :)

No comments:

Post a Comment