Sunday, March 23, 2014

The Plan of Salvation is for everyone

This week was packed full of miracles!

I had really special experiences this week where I got to testify of this gospel with my whole heart and I learned and grew so much through it.

This week we went on splits on Wednesday and I was a little bit nervous. I was in 충장 (my area) with a sister who knows less korean than I do. We had a couple lessons scheduled for that day, but Tuesday night right before our split one of my old investigators decided she wanted to meet and then we got another referral from the Elders so I had 4 investigator appointments and one recent convert appointment. I was so nervous to lead the lessons and afraid that my Korean wouldn't be good enough. But after lots of prayers and stressing out (haha), we definitely saw miracles. I was able to say a lot more than I thought I would be able to and we had some very spiritual lessons. It's amazing what Heavenly Father can do through His very weak, very inexperienced servants. Though I made mistakes and my Korean was far from where I want it to be, He made me good enough and I really felt His strength.

Hiking the mountain! Our investigator is the lady in the glasses :)
A cool experience I had on the split was with the sister missionary I was on splits with. She has been having a really hard time with the language and the mission in general. She asked me how I teach the Plan of Salvation and asked me if I would demonstrate. It was one of the most spiritual experiences I have had on my mission so far. I got to testify to her that God has a plan for her, that she is supposed to be in Korea, and that through the Savior and His Atonement, she is good enough. We both cried. The Plan of Salvation is for everyone--not just our investigators.

For English class this week, Sister An and I taught the gospel message and decided to teach about the Book of Mormon. We showed a Mormon message about a Jamaican man's experience with the Book of Mormon and then testified and then opened up time for questions. A lot of great questions were asked and people really seemed to gain interest. At the end I felt inspired to bear my testimony. In my still very simple Korean, I poured my heart out to those people and testified of Christ, of the Plan of Salvation, and of my joy from the gospel. This joy has come from the Book of Mormon. I promised them that if they sincerely read the Book of Mormon and Prayed, they could feel that joy and God would truly answer their prayers. The spirit was so strong and it is an experience I don't think I will ever forget. I was strengthened a lot through it.

Hiking the mountain!
This weekend we hiked a big mountain for a ward activity and our investigators, 이영님 (ee-young-neem) came. She is 60+ years old and struggled, but I was so impressed with her! On the way down the mountain she made me laugh harder than I have laughed in a long time. She would literally jump with two feet off of big rocks and run down the mountain. When we got to the concrete part, she started running backwards and side-skipping. It was awesome.


This weekend, 이영님s, 임지용b and his dad, and 2 of our new investigators came to a ward activity. And then they all came to church the next day! It was a miracle!

Korea is the coolest!We have two new investigators this week--a man I met on the street and his handicapped wife. His wife came to church yesterday and sat by me. She is so pure and sweet. She held my hand and stayed close to me the whole meeting. I am so blessed to get to know these incredible, humble people and to testify of Jesus Christ to them. I am so blessed. The gospel is true!

Have an amazing week!

Sister Naatjes :)

No comments:

Post a Comment