Friday, August 30, 2013

Week 1

sister abbott, me, sister scott, sister lyon, sister marsden (sisters in my district)Hi everyone!

One week down. In 8 weeks I'll be in Korea!!

scott, me, lyon, abbott, marsdenI've come to realize that korean is REALLY HARD, but it's coming along slowly but surely. I've learned a lot though! I can now read and write in korean, sings hymns, pray, bear my testimony, use past tense, future tense, questions...all that good stuff. I'm still SO slow at speaking and have a hard time memorizing phrases, but the Lord is helping me! The hard part is learning the dono (vocab). Every word takes me so long to memorize! korean words are so long!! ha!

We just taught our 5th lesson with ee dong sohh (I still don't know how to type in korean). We have to plan each lesson in english then translate it into korean. It was really hard to understand him when he asked questions, but with our limited vocabulary we were actually able to slowly answer questions. One thing I can do is bear witness that God loves His children. When I taught ee dong son that important truth, I could feel God's love. I know that he loves each and every one of His children. We had our last lesson with him yesterday and I think we're getting a new investigator later this week. Our investigators in the MTC are usually already members of the church (white, returned missionaries), but we teach them like they are actual investigators and the spirit is always there. There is no better feeling than testifying of the Lord and His goodness and love. 

 I didn't have to give a talk on Sunday (thankfully! It would have taken me 10 minutes to read the 5 sentences I wrote)! I might have to give one later on though! Sunday was super awesome! We had a great devotional and then we got to watch a devotional by Elder Bednar. It was called, "The Character of Christ" and it changed my life! It talked about how Christ turns out when it would be so natural to turn inward. Losing ourselves in serving others IS the Character of Christ. This is what brings true happiness. 

temple!!Elder Andersen came for a devotional on Tuesday night in the Marriott Center and it was incredible! I got to sing in the choir and it was such a cool experience. We sang "Lead Kindly Light." That song sums up my feelings so well. At one point in the meeting all the missionaries in the MTC sang "Called to Serve" and it was SO COOL! Elder Andersen said "we sacrifice for the things we love and we love the things we sacrifice for." I was so lucky to have gotten to hear from an apostle of the Lord. 

I've gotten pretty close to the other girls in my district. They are great. We laugh a lot. There are some really great sisters going to Korea. There are some Tongan sisters in my zone and they are so funny. The other night one of them came up to me, put her fingers around my wrist and said, "need more food." HA! I laughed really hard. Good thing I have an unlimited buffet every meal. Sister Scott runs with me during gym time. I'm so glad to have a workout buddy! She's so awesome!

me, sister abbott, sister lyon
Happy Birthday Megan, Bailey, Bracken, Jessica, Elsa...am I missing anyone? 

Thank you for the letters. They make my day. Keep writing :)

Love you all, 

Sister Naatjes (Naatjes Chahm-ae-neem) 

No comments:

Post a Comment